Colossally bad idea

12.28.2008
When Kurt and I got cold walking downtown, we tucked into Borders to browse a bit and warm up. While he was checking out the business mags, a book called All About Us caught my eye. It's a book of questions meant to be filled out as a couple. It sounded like a great way to get to know each other and document your good times together. I got quite a surprise when I opened it. Not only does it ask about things you don't like about your partner, it also asks you go to into great detail about past relationships. Bad bad bad idea. It reminded me of that honesty game we played at slumber parties in junior high. It starts off in good fun, but by the end everyone has hurt feelings and isn't speaking to one another. Kurt and I had a good laugh looking through it and agreed that it was a disaster waiting to happen. Honesty is good, of course, but sometimes you can have too much of a good thing.

(Yes, I know it has 4 stars at amazon.com. Mind-boggling!)

6 comments:

casch said...

hooo boy, I agree with you on this~especially for women "who NEVER forget"!! I'd steer clear also.

Craig Miyamoto said...

I'm with you 100%. I've always maintained that when you look at a rubbish can, you know there's rubbish in it. You don't have to lift the lid to find out.

Unknown said...

Agreed! There are so many other ways to alienate a significant other or spouse...You can do most of them for free ;)

Deborah aka Miss Bee said...

Who would want to do THAT?...especially to 'seal' it in writing! That's a little scarey!

I wouldn't open that can of worms...even after 44 years!

Deborah aka Miss Bee said...

forgot... HAPPY NEW YEAR Rebecca and Kurt! I hope many blessings come your way.

Beverly said...

Actually, I think it's good to communicate with your partner things you like and don't like ... you just don't have to tell E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G!